Saturday, August 11, 2012

Self-esteem?

So I've been doing something on tumblr for a while.. that I message at least 1 person every day on anonymous, telling them they are beautiful and worthwhile, and trying to get their hopes and self-esteem up. I message people I know don't get a lot of compliments there. So I try.. And the other day I was on omegle with my best friends, we were so bored, and we were there.. and a guy told us.. you'll probably close it, cause I'm ugly and not like the other guys you've seen here... it honestly broke my heart and we told him all the compliments we could.. Then we were singing "What makes you beautiful" to every people we saw there.. There was this guy.. he got really ashamed, you should have seen at his face like.. "4 girls are singing this to me.." he was blushing a lot and smiling like a kid on a christmas morning. I stayed up for a while thinking in something... people do deserve compliments at least once a day. Sometimes when I message people on tumblr, people I don't know, or even I haven't seen, and I just do it anon. All of them.. ALL of them get so excited and say things like "wow this made my day" or "no one had ever told me something like that before". So I'm no one to talk about self-esteem because if you ask me if I'm beautiful.. I'll blush, look at my feet and say... yes? But why.. Because at some point in my life someone convinced me.. I was "fat", "ugly, "not good enough", "stupid", "emo". And a lot of more things.. But the point it's that who gave them the right to make me feel this way? Only me. Because I let me believe everything they said was true. I'm not saying a compliment will stop someone making this or that way. I'm just saying it could help at least a little bit. And at least for me a compliment make my day and make me smile. Compliment everyone and every time you can. You NEVER know who might be feeling worthless at some point. Who might be feeling stupid or not good enough. It's easy to say you're beautiful, you're not fat, you can do everything you propose to yourself.. But at the moment of saying that to you... That's when it becomes harder. That's why I guess every one should get and say a compliment every time they can. And I've been there, it honestly can change someone point of view on themselves. A beautiful person it's beautiful inside and outside. Don't let anybody make you feel less.

No comments:

Post a Comment