Sunday, October 21, 2012

My favorite kind of love.

When I was coming home, I thought I definitely need to write about this. Then I thought about the name. And I realized my favorite kind of love, it's the love that has been always there... the love of my family. 

Today was the surprise party for my grandma, she will be 80 soon. So it was all perfect and planned I cried of emotion and happiness like 3 times, everyone was laughing about how many times I cried. I cried every time I saw my grandma started crying. So here comes the moment.. SURPRISE! I hope there's a picture of the face of my grandma in that moment. She just looked at us, at the decorations, and she just said...WHAT IT'S THIS?... WHY? hahaha your birthday it's coming soon! Then she hugged her sister, her only sister a 84 year woman, that never got married, never had kids and she lives in a town far away alone. They fight a lot when they are together a lot of time, but when they saw each other they hugged like best friends. Then she started hugging everyone, she saw my aunt that lives far away in CT, and she doesn't come often to visit. First time I cried... When I saw the face of my grandma when she saw her, she started crying. I thought about the love of a daughter to a mother, I looked at all my aunts, my mom, my uncle. And it makes me hope one day I will be hugging my mother or my dad because of their 80 birthday. I looked at all my family 4 daughters and a son, 16 grandsons and granddaughters, 2 great-grandchildren. Where I am gonna be when I'm 80? Will I have a big family full of love to give me? Will I be alone in a home shelter? Will I even gonna be alive? Then we started playing a game, we broke the piñata(a Mexican tradition) it was of a big 80. Then a Mariachi came. It's 3 people singing the birthday song and songs we want. They sang happy birthday, then they asked my grandma what song she wanted, she said in 1 second the name of a song. It was the song that  reminded her of my grandpa, he passed away like 15 years ago. 2 time I cried... When I saw my grandma crying. It must be really hard losing the love of your life, the dad of your children, your support all those years, your partner, your best friend. I know she misses him a lot, she had said it. She said I miss my old one.. I never got to really met him, I was young when he left. I wonder how would he be right now, what would he said about somethings... how proud he must be of some others.. This are the kind of things that I will always wonder. Another thing I wonder, when I'm 80.. will I have a lovely husband by my side? Will he be the love of my life? Who will be that husband?.. 
The guys kept singing, and my grandma kept crying.. 3rd time I cried She said I'm so lucky to have this big lovely family.. I'm so lucky to be this loved.. will I be that lucky? I know my mom will be, she is the best person I know, including my dad. But will I be loved by so many people? Will I be the heart of a family? 
Then we had dinner, then there was a beautiful fondant cake, we sang happy birthday. Then I was helping to take the dishes from the table, and I saw my uncle hugging my aunt crying, I just went by so fast and leave the dishes there. He has gone trough a lot, I can't even explain it. And he has done some things, wrong things. So that hug made me realize. You can make some mistakes, you can feel alone and lost. But your family it's there to help you, and even they don't show it sometimes they care more than anyone. Then we opened the presents, she had so so many presents. She said again, I'm so lucky to have you, I'm so lucky to be so loved. My aunt made an album with a lot of pictures of everyone, and there was a special page for one of us, we wrote a message for her. There's so much love inside that book, you open it and it's like old pictures of my grandma and my grandpa, then their kids.. then the special pages to one of us, with the messages for her. then more pictures of everyone, it was full of memories, full of flashback, pictures I didn't know they existed. And it made me smile, the value of 1 moment, of 1 day, of 1 Christmas, of 1 visit of my cousins.. Then seeing all together and realizing.. She's not the only lucky one... I'm lucky to have that grandma so special, so funny, so kind, so strong. I wish someday I'll be as strong as her. I'm lucky to have this parents full of love and support every time, those parents I don't understand sometimes, and that doesn't understand me some times. But they're always here for me, with a big hug and a klennex to wipe my tears. I hope one day to have a husband like my dad, to be a mother like my mom. Those siblings, so different from me, but at the same time so similar. So funny, so teasing, so protective, and knowing they are my siblings  it's the best feeling in the world, because they are the best. I hope one day I'll return what they have done. To have those cousins and aunts, to the ones I can share a laugh with, and understand the family situations we're going through. 

So I was coming home making a summary of the night. And I love my family so much. I couldn't have asked for a better family. I already have the best. And I know I'm lucky to have them. I just hope one day I will be lucky to look back in the past and realize what I've done, what I've made, who I've loved, and the people that are there because of me. And I will be crying because of joy, because of loving such amazing people. Because I succeed in life, because I have the most important and special, because of the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment